Video Remote Interpreting (VRI)
Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) is revolutionizing how language services are delivered. With a few clicks of your mouse you can have an interpreter at your location, on demand, confidentially and securely. Our VRI service allows you to use non-proprietary equipment to see and hear our interpreters clearly. It is an effective alternative to the OPI or On-Site system.
We are dedicated to providing you with prompt and efficient services so we pride ourselves on the ease of using our VRI system. We give you multiple ways to connect and offer many languages as part of this service.
Benefits of VRI
- Great solution for your LEP and/or Deaf and Hard of Hearing community
- Secure and HIPAA compliant
- Non-Proprietary hardware, no licensing or software fees
- Fully encrypted connections
- Video (data) routing technology
- Trained medical interpreters
- Pay for usage only, no monthly or annual fees
- Ability to request an interpreter on demand or schedule a session
- Great alternative to significantly reduce and meet your On-Site service budget
- Save on travel costs, mileage, wait time, and coordination time
- 24/7/365 access
- ADA and Title VI compliant
- Make for better Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services
Languages Available On Demand
- Kurdish (Sorani and Behdini)
An additional 60 languages are available for scheduled sessions.
AVAZA encrypts video communication, especially those containing Protected Health Information (PHI) in multiple ways:
- Logins: From the moment you connect to the AVAZA VRI server, any information sent to our system is encrypted including your username, password, and language selection information. No individual content can be accessed without entering the proper credentials.
- In transit: AVAZA uses 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) which encrypts data send between AVAZA’s users and our servers even for the first-time visitor. A quick way to verify this security layer is the https:// that prefixes all AVAZA VRI session pages. 256-bit SSL is considered virtually unbreakable by brute force methods and is fully compliant with the in-flight provisions of the HIPAA Security Rule.
- At rest: No patient data or recordings or any VRI sessions is stored by AVAZA and any notes taken during the session by our interpreters are destroyed immediately after the end of the session.
Trained Medical Interpreters
Our interpreting staff is trained and certified/qualified in accordance with industry standards. Hundred of hours are dedicated to the development and training of our interpreters in:
- Healthcare terms and practices
- Patient advocacy, safety, and care
- HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- Behavioral health
Furthermore, each candidate is required to undergo screening, training, and testing regardless of experience and/or level of education.
- PC or Mac workstation
- Internet Explorer 8 (or newer), Firefox 12 (or newer), Chrome 10 (or newer), or Safari
- Webcam (suggested 2 megapixels or greater)